Followers

Sunday 20 March 2011

Loneliness x

I remember when i was younger i used to tell everyone i was a 'lonely child' insted of 'only child' i guess i was both in some ways.

Today i feel alone in this. The future is in my hands. No one can take the anorexia away from me,its up to me to take the steps i need to change. I could have all the help in the world and still not recover if my heart isnt in it.

BUT my heart IS in it,very much so. Im fnally realising it doesnt matter how low a weight i get to,how much suffering i put my body through it will never be enough for me. I will always feel the need to go lower,get worse,take it to a new limit every time i relapse. Going round and round in circles. Thats not life. Well it has been for the past 11 years,i cant expect to be 'cured' in a matter of weeks or months but what i can do it start NOW and keep taking baby steps and eventually there will be an end to this. It might always be with me,but in the background and not contolling my everyday life....that would be quite nice.

It is only recently since L has been so ill ive realised what its like to be on the other side of anorexia. I cried for her everyday,i worried we might lose her,that id never talk to her again. Knowing how ill she was scary. And then dad said 'Now do u understand what its like for me.' He even started talking to me about my funeral and what i did and didnt want,he said he was preparing himself for my death so it wouldnt be a huge shock to him. This is all around the time i was admitted,now he sees progress,slow progress but progress none the less and i think he still has belief in me. Its imporatant to remember friends and family (at least the ones who havent dumped me lol) are hurt by anorexia just as much as i am at times.

Tomorrows monday,a fresh start to the week,im hoping to make it a productive one xxx

4 comments:

  1. I hope it can be, baby steps will get you to the freedom you deserve and should have <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw my love *hugs* I'm sorry that you feel lonely. I wish I could take the anorexia away from you, but you are right- its your fight to win. But that can be empowering in itself... You have everything you need to fight this- nobody can stop you recovering, you can do this. Babysteps all the way. your dad obviously loved you so much, and he's not the only one. Anorexia is such an isolating illness, and it takes so much from us- let people in when you need to, allow people to love you. Allow yourself to love you. I believe you can do this. And am behind you all the way :) I love you so much :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u little Ducky,i wish the same for u :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u angel Tori....you always make some sense of things for me and make me look at things in a new way. I hope ur ok sweetheart xxx

    ReplyDelete