Followers

Monday 21 March 2011

Friendships and anorexia x

I have made the most amazing little friend S since i came into hospital a month ago today. Shes not an inpatient at the moment but she comes to visit me,makes me smile and is so incredibly thoughtful. She is going through her very own struggle with anorexia yet always seems so positive and full of hope. Today she sent me an amazing letter that brought me to tears yet made me smile at the same time. She also had a new quote for me-

'Some birds are just too beautiful to be caged-they need to be free. Rise from the ashes hun,youre a phoneix.'

Ive always said the one good thing anorexia has given me,is some pretty amazing friends. And S is definitely one of them.

Being in treatment u have to be careful with friendships between patients as everyone is in their own stage of recovery and goes at there own pace. However i personally think once the friendship is a HEALTHY one it can be magic. To know this person will understand your most inner thoughts and not judge you. That they can feel what you feel. Its an incredible relief and lifts the lonliness of anorexia away! And for that i am extremely greatful.

I have made quite alot of friends over the years between my PC buddies,vincints,pats,bodywhys and honestly all of them are inspiring and have helped me stay alive in this fight. I really dont know how i would have coped in certain situations without them and am forever greatful for their constant unconditional support.

Obviously it is just as important to have friends outside of anorexia and for those who have not given up or walked away makes their friendships pretty special too. I just hope they are still waiting for me on the outside.


"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."
- Sent by Lysha 

2 comments:

  1. My crazy daisy- I love you, and I am definately not alone in that. I want to be your friend forever. *hugs* xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helloooo my bestest buddy!!!! I <3 u too :-)

    ReplyDelete