Followers

Monday 13 May 2013

Update x

Hey guys,
Long time no see!
Im just getting back into the blogging world again and thought i would update!
In my last post i wrote about stopping my medication...BIG MISTAKE.
On the 30th of December i took an overdose of over 200 tablets.
After 9 days on a medical ward in one hospital i was stable enough to be transferred to a psych ward in another under section where i stayed for four months.
I dont remember much of the first 6 weeks except that i had an intense desire to die and was on 24hour watch.
I expect this period of time was much harder for family and friends than it actually was for me as i was in my own little world. I cant imagine the pain and worry i caused my dad. He is everything to me but when i took that overdose i honestly thought he was better off free of me.
I realise now this is ridiculous and couldnt be further from the truth. He would rather have me here and with anorexia than not have me here at all.
Suicide is a very difficult issue for a lot of people. Some people say it is selfish. And maybe theyre right. But please understand when you are in a place where you want to die you can think the world is better off without you in it.
Personally i felt i caused nothing but heartache to those around me. I had one relapse after another and couldnt cope with the thoughts of failing again,letting everyone down and falling back into the grips of anorexia.
While i was in hospital i had eight sessions of ECT to try and lift my depression. This helped to a certain extent in that i wasnt actively trying to hurt myself at any given opportunity anymore but it did not 'cure' me.
I was once again fed through an NG tube and yes it got my weight up but anorexia still holds me tight even at a healthier weight.
So here i am today writing this trying to remind myself how lucky i am to be alive and that even if i am forever anorexic,life is precious and can be enjoyed and i have plenty of reasons to continue to fight.
Hope youre all well and thank you if you read this xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment