Followers

Tuesday 6 March 2012

New meds&Art therapy x

Hey guys,

I havent wrote in awhile...well its not been that long but it feels that long....if you know what i mean...hmmm.

Anyway i wasnt really writing cause things had been quite up and down but i finially feel like things are leveling out which is probably down to the new anti depressant i started about a month ago. Think it has finally kicked in and not a  moment too soon. Instead of being so uptight about my increasing weight im learning to accept it,it is going up ever so slowly each week or else staying the same. At first i was mad at myself for letting this happen. Letting my body have the fuel it needs. Not losing weight. It felt/feels wrong to be 'nice' to it and just eat what i need for it to function.

Of course those fat feelings havent disappeared but im learning once again to try and irgnore them and just get on with life with the support of Vincints. Tomorrow i am meeting the new art therapist to see if i am suitable for a place. I have done art therapy before and to be honest i found it useless. So i am a bit judgemental but said i would at least meet C (the art therapist) and see what she thought about it. Its a special course just for people with eating disorders which is another reason why i am not keen on going. My anorexia is fiercly competitiive and i fear it will trigger me if the other patients are really thin,especially with me being near my heaviest.

Has anyone out there any thoughts on Art therapy?

Im still having weigh in and bloods every friday but am hoping soon to reduce that to every two weeks. Im still waiting on psycotherapy to start. Who knows when that will be lol.

Anyway now that i am a fully fledged grown up and am living alone i best go sort out something for tea!!!

Love Aoifs xxx

6 comments:

  1. You know my thoughts on art therapy ;-) Try and go in with an open mind. It's the last therapy I ever thought I'd get on with, but it's the one that helped me the most. Good luck hun.

    Beth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth! Yes i think it worked wonders for u missy! I have nothing to lose so will def go with an open mind dont worry. I think i am probably more bothered about being in a group setting and what people will think of me. Also i am rubbish at art but i know thats not what its about,i will just feel silly drawing or paintint or whatever it may be and then talking people i dont know through it but i guess everyone else there will be in the same boat and understand? Thanks again hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm still having art therapy and i have phases of thinking it's ok and phases of thinking it's crap. like all traditional psychotherapy i find it quite limited in that it focuses very much on the past. i guess i'm biased towards the clinical psychology perspective of working on solutions and finding ways to move forward. but the psychotherapy definitely has a place in recovery from any long-term condition. don't worry about the art part - when i'm in the mood i find it therapeutic (less so the part where the therapist interprets it...) but she's never minded if i've said that i don't want to do a picture and would rather just talk. i've been having it individually rather than in a group but it will probably be similar. it will be fine aoifs just give it a go x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your thoughts hun. I think i would prefer to do it individualy but sure ill go tomorrow and have a chat with her and we can both decide where to go from there. Thanks again chicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    I just discovered your lovely blog and I just wanted to say that I have so much respect for you. You are so brave for making such honest attempts at recovery and I'm possitive that you'll make it :) You blog is truly, very inspirational. Thank you so much.

    Sending all my support,

    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elena,
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment,it made my day! I really dont think im very brave or inspirational but thank you ;o) And thank you for your support :o)
    Hope you are well,
    Love Aoifs xxx

    ReplyDelete