Followers

Saturday 14 July 2012

Falling back and pushing forward x

I fear i may actually be losing the plot. 
My mood is all over the place...either very low or flying high.
One day i feel strong and determined and want to continue with recovery,the next day i dont want any food to pass my lips and losing all the weight ive gainned is my only goal in life. And that is pathetic.
Since my team wanted to admitt me a few weeks ago,i have turned things around and stopped losing weight. Infact i have gainned two pounds back. 
Ive been out for meals with friends,had cocktails,gone dancing,doing everything i can to fight back and get out there and live life.
But anorexia still consumes my every thought.
Its still the most important thing in my life,which i hate but i know only i can change.
I was looking at old pictures of when i was a healthy weight and a terrible sadness came over me. I look happy and healthy. I WAS happy and healthy. 
What happened? 
How did i allow myself to get to a point where late last year I couldnt walk from my room to the bathroom,i was in a wheelchair,being tube fed and on complete bedrest for 8 weeks. I didnt admitt it at the time but i was scared. I felt like something had completely taken me over and i had no power left.
I have to go back and remember these things so i can push forward and be reminded i cant go back to that place.
So i am in limbo. I am no longer at a dangerous weight nor am i healthy but somewhere in the middle. Right now i feel i could go either way.
I can understand how someone without an ed would see this as an easy choice...but letting go and moving on seems so impossible at times.
I cant fight it for myself at the moment but i will for my dad,my mum,my granbeag and the amazing friends who are still here beside me. I am lucky really. 
Very lucky.

xXx

2 comments:

  1. love this post Aoifs, I'm so happy to hear that you're fighting so hard. you are such an INSPIRATION and what you have just written in this post has really helped me stay on track today. Thank you for being so honest but also for reminding me how scary an existance (living) with anorexia can be. By the way: I am doing alot better since we meet up... am managing to increase a little and feel a bit better....wana meet up some day next week?? OH! and tanx for your text...had no credit-yet again! oxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely,made me smile to read u are doing a little better :o) Baby steps all the way! Yes would love to meet up next week. Maybe we go for coffee and cinema or something? Let me know when ur free. Lots of love xxx

      Delete