Followers

Sunday 26 June 2011

Dont be fooled x

Don't be fooled by me. Don't be fooled by the face I wear. For I wear a mask. I wear a thousand masks that I'm afraid to take off and none of them is the real me. 

So don't be fooled; I'm good at pretending. I give the impression that I'm cool and confidant, but inside it's different. I'm not in command, I'm often confused, lonely and I desperately need someone to understand me. 

But I hide and don't want anyone to know. That's why I frantically create a mask to hide behind. I'm afraid to show you the real me. I chatter idly to you about everything, but tell you nothing of what's going on inside me: my fears, my worries, my doubts. 

So, when I'm talking please listen carefully, and try to hear what I'm not saying, what I'd like to say but I can't. 

I dislike the superficial game that I'm playing. I'd like to be genuine, honest and sincere but I cannot without your help. 

My trust grows very slowly, so you will have to be very patient with me. Each time you try to understand I am given new hope, and I start to believe in myself in a new way. You let me see that it's OK to be me. 

So I can take off the mask and be happy in your company. I can let you see the real me. Who am I? - You may wonder. I am someone you know very well. For I am every person that you meet. 

2 comments: